This covenant is an agreement between you and the other members of The Church at Pecan Creek. It is a means of joining together in agreed upon belief and practice with this particular fellowship of believers. Current members have agreed to these statements, and those seeking membership are expected to as well. This covenant is meant to give a good understanding of what church membership is and to increase the bond of unity amongst our members.
1. I will submit to the Bible, and the truths it contains, in all areas of my life.
2. I will continue to believe in the Confession of Faith of Pecan Creek.
3. I will consistently read the Bible, pray, and fellowship with believers.
4. I will engage in the life and ministry of this local church and regularly attend worship services.
5. I will support the leadership of the church and strive to live in peace with its members.
6. I will sacrificially and consistently give of my income to the Lord through giving to this church.
7. I will defend and promote the gospel, the saving message of Jesus Christ, because Christ has commanded me to do so, by clinging to it as the object of my faith and by regularly sharing the gospel to the unbelievers in my life.
8. I will live a lifestyle that seeks to embrace God’s call to holiness and to put away sinfulness so as not to cause harm to the name of Jesus or to the witness of this church.
9. I will continually confess my sin to God, turn from my sin towards obedience to God, and seek help in order to fight well against my sinful nature.
2. Titus 1:9, 1 Corinthians 9:24-27, 1 Timothy 4:6
3. Deuteronomy 10:12-13, Matthew 22:37-40, Corinthians 8-9, Romans 12:3-8
4. Acts 2:42-47, Hebrews 10:23-25, 1 Corinthians 11:23-26
5. Acts 2:42-47, Hebrews 3:13, 10:23-25, 13:17, Titus 3:14, Romans 12:9-21
6. 2 Corinthians 9:6-15, Hebrews 7:4-10, Deuteronomy 15:10
7. Galatians 1:3-9, 1 Corinthians 15:1-7, John 14:6, Matthew 28:19-20
8. 1 Peter 1:13-16, 4:1-3, 1 Corinthians 10:23-33, 2 Peter 3:15-16, Daniel 6:4
9. Romans 8:13, Colossians 3:5, James 5:16, 1 John 1:6-10, Romans 12:1-2
10. 1 Corinthians 5:9-13, Hebrews 12:4-11, Matthew 18:15-18, Psalm 141:5